Kyle Tarry RMT is a registered massage therapist and proud alumni of the Vancouver Career College where he finished an intensive 2800-hour massage therapy program in June of 2014.
He has been working as an RMT for over four years, and currently, he is completing a Biochemistry Degree at the Faculty of Medicine at the University of British Columbia. Kyle was also a clinical instructor and taught numerous courses like upper and lower spinal assessment and treatment in the Registered Massage Therapy program at Vancouver Career College. He also worked in the student RMT clinic teaching the students in a one-on-one environment to care for and treat patients with different conditions. He still enjoys offering support and guidance to his former students as they prepare to write their RMT board examinations.
Kyle likes to focus on treating patients with various systemic conditions, in addition to skeletal muscle injuries with a keen interest in spinal cases. During school, he did his case study report on lumbar spine disc herniations and had since taken numerous continuing education courses related to treatments on conditions affecting the spinal column. He has also taken classes in Kinesio taping to help support his more athletically inclined patients who are prone to injury.
Kyle’s focus and training in spinal conditions allow for treatment of a wide variety of injuries and conditions including:
- Disc Herniation – Also known as a disc bulge in either the lower or upper back.
- Sciatica – Involves compression of the sciatic nerve either from the lower back or the gluteals.
- Hip Rotation – Which can lead to abnormal curvature in the lower spine and refer pain into the mid and upper back.
Kyle is also more than happy to accept and treat:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA) – Patients who were recently in a car crash and need ongoing massage therapy care
- Training Athletes – Whether the training is for a light marathon with friends or preparation for professional competition and all levels in-between.
- General Relaxation – A gentle massage to unwind after a long stressful work day or week.
When not at work or school, Kyle enjoys spending his free time hiking, jogging, or going on a road trip with his partner, Chris. He has recently started to travel more to Europe and Latin American and looks to continue his adventures around the world.
In addition to his love for the outdoors, he enjoys putting his culinary skills to use by cooking a meal or two for family and friends as well as checking out a good movie in the theatre.