Ronan West, RMT, graduated from the Vancouver College of Massage Therapy, where they were trained in several modalities of therapeutic massage including relaxation massage, myofascial release, deep tissue massage, trigger point release therapy and joint mobilizations.
Ronan has a passion for a holistic approach to health and wellness and seeks to help patients restore function and well-being through therapeutic massage and home-care exercises designed to facilitate pain-free function and mobility. They have worked with a variety of demographics, including athletes, pregnancy and elderly, and enjoys empowering individuals in their pursuit of well-being.
Before becoming an RMT, Ronan studied holistic nutrition, and enjoys being creative in the kitchen and staying active outdoors. In addition to plenty of reading and dabbling with writing, they are always eager to learn new things and meet new people.
- Swedish Massage - A Swedish massage is a technique which is normally used as a precursor to treatment, and it promotes relaxation, among other health benefits.
- Deep Tissue Massage - A deep tissue massage which uses slow movements and stronger pressure than a Swedish massage to treat the deeper layer of muscles and the fascia (connective tissues) that intertwine with the muscles.
- Myofascial Release - A treatment of the fascial connective tissues, this treatment will help to restore a reduced range of motion in patients who are restricted due to connective tissue injuries.
- Trigger Point Release - A deep pressure treatment that focuses on releasing specific muscle knots or irritated nodules in the muscle belly.
- Joint Mobilization - A gentle, usually pain-free, technique used to improve overall joint health and increase an active pain-free range of motion.
- Muscle Energy Techniques - An active form of stretching designed to target muscles that have reduced elasticity or muscles that are difficult to stretch alone.